Please leave your comments here – thanks!
I also own a 54. I am interested in your experience replacing the Volvo. I already asked questions below you Facebook posting before realizing I could reach you directly.
1) Is this model able to accommodate Amel’s requirement for “Floating Negative” ?
2) Do you need to change the existing gearbox?
3) Same question for the steel frame that support the silent blocks?
4) How much “electronics” does this engine have?
5) Is this a “common Rail” engine?
6) Did you consider non turbo engines and if yes, why did you reject this option?
sorry for the late reply:
1. no, it does not, but it can easily be isolated by a skilled mechanic/electrician
2. No, the hydraulic ZF-25 can stay
3. frame can stay as well, but needs some minor alterations.
4. no electronics at all
5. therefore cannot be a common rail engine (they all have to have electronics)
6. I considered non turbo engines, but I wanted to stay with the 110 hp and those without turbo were much bigger with double the ccm (4 l instead of 2 l)
hope to have been of help
Hi Robin, had a lot of fun on Lake Constance and could see back then your love for sailing. Great to see you living your dream. Cheers old friend!
Hi I’ve enjoyed a few of your blogs but can’t find a time line as I’d love to read from the beginning.
I think you’re links are really useful iv now downloaded the windy tv app. I saw your link on fb Amel owners . Whilst I’m not one yet one day my dreams will be a reality. For now I’m sailing my little 19ft yacht here in the UK on the Blackwater River in Essex. I’ll when the time is wright the kids older I’ll sell up and buy an amel. Not sure which yet but reading all other people’s experience is all knowledge so thank you for taking the effort to create such a great and informative website and blog.
thanks for your encouraging comment! -If you go on news, you will find all the older bloggs as well …
Robin and Iris
hello, it’s Adrigo the french family.
we are at Finikas (Syros). It’s very beautifull and quiete.
see you soon for a drink.
Enjoy your posts. Plan to visit many of the same areas next season on S/Y Trident Star, Maramu#25. Hope to cross paths…
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Notify me of new posts by email.